Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative flock and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach making a transformative impact in the lives of people with severe genetic disease and cancer. Fly at the cutting edge of science and commercialization practice.
Reporting to the SVP Head of Commercial this bird will be responsible for building the Global Insights and Business Analytics function at bluebird and providing objective and actionable insights and analysis to the business. This role will partner with our vendor market research team to ensure an integrated and efficient approach to addressing the scope of work across the bluebird portfolio.
The role works closely with the Global, US and EU Commercial teams (Marketing, Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Patient Advocacy), to develop and execute clear, concise and actionable strategic and tactical plans to optimize the launch and commercial success of bbb’s innovative therapies for Severe Genetic Diseases and Oncology. The role will also work closely with the franchise teams to provide insight and opportunity assessments informing pipeline and business development/investment decisions.
This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of gene therapy, defining and executing innovative and patient centric solutions delivering potentially transformational care for patients with a serious ultra-rare disease and cancer.
About the Role:
- Lead the development and execution of strategic market insights plans across the bluebird portfolio of late stage programs working closely with brand and regional/local teams.
- Lead the development of operational forecasts for our commercial programs working seamlessly with the brand and EU/US teams.
- “Own” insights while providing objective perspective to brand, franchise and bluebird leadership.
- Work closely with multi-stakeholders in development of strategic launch plans
- Provide clear opportunity assessments of future pipeline programs and external opportunities including decision support and analysis for strategic investments.
- Identify and acquire appropriate data sources for business analytics and performance management.
- Develop and execute key performance management plans and provide actionable insights to the business teams.
- Develop the capabilities of insight generation, forecasting, competitive intelligence and secondary analytics through team development and capability enhancements.
- Be the steward of our marketing excellence program, nurture and improve our commercial strategy and brand planning process working closely with brand leadership, program management and commercial operations.
- Continually source innovative answers to realize exceptional experience for physicians, patients and families with CALD, TDT, SCD and Multiple Myeloma.
- Bachelor Degree with 10+ years experience in biotech/pharma customer insights and analytics with a track record demonstrating accountability, sense of urgency and cross functional leadership. Global and/or international experience and Launch experience necessary.
- Knowledge, experience and proven track record of providing deep customer insight to deliver innovative patient and physician centric business solutions and facilitate good program, brand and company level decisions.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical, communication and project management skills to effectively translate ideas and insights into actionable plans
- Experience in System Dynamic Forecasting a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with global and local commercial functions to build strategic commercial plans and effectively manage performance.
- Ability to identify and incorporate market place issues, opportunities and trends to improve plans, performance and strategy.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.