This is an exciting opportunity to join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. bluebird bio is looking for a hands-on Executive Assistant to support our global commercial team based in Cambridge, MA. Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Head of US Commercial, you will be our teams’ back bone, supporting the team by managing internal and external meetings, supporting professional congress activities and educational events and helping in the hiring and onboarding process for future new colleagues.
About the role:
- Work with the SVP and Head of US Commercial and manage day to day team activities including planning and scheduling of business meetings, booking meeting rooms, conference calls and preparing, distributing pre-read material and coordinating delivery of executive presentations.
- Work with the cross functional teams including, market access, patient services, commercial operations to support the organization of educational events and other meetings with external stakeholders.
- Serve as the contact for national vendors for scientific conferences and help the team to ensure sponsorships and congress participation in full accordance with bbb’s policies, compliance regulations and transparency requirements.
- Provide general administrative support such as managing our team calendars, US and international travel, processing POs, invoices and CDAs.
- Schedule candidate interviews/logistics, both directly and through the relevant search companies and support onboarding in collaboration with the Hiring Manager.
- > 5 years administrative experience in pharmaceutical industry or related industries – experience in supporting fast paced office environments and meeting planning preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills whilst exercising tact and diplomacy in working with different cultures and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Experience in supporting remotely working teams and collaborating with International teams.
- Proven ability to prioritize and exercise good judgment when managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to build efficient processes that support the team.
- Applies analytical and creative thinking in addressing issues or finding innovative solutions. Sees the implementation of solutions through to completion by being accountable and taking ownership.
- Proficient user of MS Office Package and ability to adapt to new systems easily.
- Ready and excited to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.