Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Bluebird’s dynamics Vector Biology group combines expertise in virology, molecular biology, and bioengineering.
The hire will be responsible for generating new lentiviral constructs, small scale virus production, and exploring innovative approaches to improve our lentiviral delivery system.
About the role:
- Small scale lentiviral vector production and purification for internal “customers”
- Maintain mammalian cell culture for viral production and transduction
- Design and construct various viral vectors for gene and cell therapy
- Perform various molecular assays to assess the characteristics of genetically modified cells
- Explore novel bioprocess techniques to improve vector production
- Prepare technical reports and support internal/external collaborations
- BS/MS in molecular biology, virology, bioengineering or related discipline with 2+ years of experience
- Hands on experience in mammalian cell culture
- Experience in viral vector production
- Excellent molecular biology technical skills including cloning, qPCR, ELISA, western blot, flow cytometry
- Experience in bioreactor and protein/vector purification desirable
- Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize and balance work from multiple sources
- Should be self-motivated, detailed orientated, flexible, and have a “do-what-it-takes” attitude with excellent organizational and communication skills
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.