Seattle-based emerging technologies R&D team
Join bluebird bio’s cutting edge Seattle research group which is working to develop new technologies enhance and expand the overall success of our gene therapy treatments. The candidate will join the Immunotherapy group and will help develop and test different approaches to enhance immunotherapy and blood disorder therapies.
- Mammalian cell line propagation and banking
- Recombinant virus production, including lentivirus and AAV
- Molecular cloning and plasmid production
- Analysis of cytokine production
- Maintenance of flow cytometers and other laboratory instruments
- Database entry and maintenance
- BS/MS degree in biology, cell biology, immunology, biochemistry or related discipline
- 1+ year track record of lab experience
- Expertise with mammalian cell culture is a must. Experience with human T cells is a plus
- Experience in flow cytometry is preferred
- Familiarity with general molecular biology techniques, including PCR, cloning, in vitro transcription and general DNA analysis a plus
- Experience with viral vectors including lentivirus, retrovirus, AAV and others is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently in a results-oriented, dynamic environment
- Be able to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.