Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. We are looking for an innovative, collaborative and passionate leader with a breadth of experience and drive to execute our vision and work collaboratively with internal and external partners. This is a unique role that acts as a supply chain function yet operates in a space that is extremely close to the patients. You will get the unique privilege to collaborate extensively with Commercial, Clinical and Manufacturing Operations as well as the select hospitals used for launch.
About the Role:
This role is a global role based in Cambridge, MA, collaborating with our EU counterparts to execute global strategies and has direct responsibility to execute the strategy in the US. The role will have both strategic and tactical responsibilities and be critical to the Patient Scheduling build out for bluebird bio.
- Manage clinical patient schedules, interfacing directly with clinical operations, manufacturing, supply chain and external contract manufacturers.
- Responsible to understand the CMO contracts and drive negotiations with manufacturing counterparts as needed.
- Troubleshoot and develop action plans to remediate any schedule execution issues or scheduling conflicts.
- Refine/build out our approach to patient scheduling by creating/improving the supporting business processes (work flow, communication, meeting structure / objectives). Processes need to be right-sized, but scalable to support commercial demand and needs to be in alignment with Global Supply Chain vision.
- Act as the key interface with hospitals and external manufacturers to execute patient schedules. This role will manage all commercial patient scheduling (coordination with hospitals to scheduling patients, supply chain logistics to move material, drug product manufacturing and transplant hospitals sites) while balancing clinical and commercial demand.
- Collaborate with Global Supply Chain and Commercial to support S&OP process as it relates to drug product manufacturing. Balance clinical and commercial Patient Demand forecasts with capacity at drug product manufacturing facilities, collection centers and availability at transplant sites.
- Serve as the business process lead for patient scheduling, supporting the IT scheduling and traceability system build out, ensuring business requirements are met, driving decisions within the organization, testing, defining phase 1 and 2 requirements and timing, understanding both clinical and commercial requirements).
- Serve as the business process lead for patient scheduling, supporting the IT case management system buildout, collaborating with Patient Services in Commercial and IT to execute vision.
- Develop and build out call center setup
- Support training and onboarding activities for IT solutions related to product traceability and patient scheduling and case management.
- Develop and implement procedures and work instructions that are scalable and further define the Patient Scheduling and Client Services offerings.
- Bachelor's degree or the combination of education and business experience required
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience (supply chain, supply planning, logistics, or customer operations with a deep understanding of supply chain) in healthcare or another regulated environment is required
- Must have experience working in a regulated environment (cGMP/FDA)
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills are required
- Must have experience managing cross functional initiatives and building and implementing processes
- Experience transitioning from clinical development to commercial environment is desirable
- You are highly self-motivated individual, with demonstrated ability to work independently in an extremely fast-paced and complex environment.
- Experience within a cellular or gene therapy organization is ideal but not required
- Ready and excited to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.