bluebird bio’s corporate development team is looking for a highly talented and motivated candidate for the role as Senior Manager/Associate Director of Corporate Strategy to include competitive intelligence (CI) and transaction analytics. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Strategy, you will be responsible for evolving, integrating and driving bluebird’s cross-functional CI capability, and playing a leading role in the scientific and financial diligence underpinning proposed transactions. In this role you will utilize a combination of stellar scientific credentials and a deep scientific understanding, with sharp financial analytics and modeling skills, and experience managing cross-functions stakeholders and projects. This is a great opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to get into the “engine room” of the corporate development team, to work across functions and verticals on high-profile projects where you will learn and develop a diverse skill set and enjoy a variety of experiences and relationships.
About the Role:
- “Owns” holistic CI situational overview and provides input to inform bluebird’s overall corporate strategy
- Develops and manages ongoing CI repository and company reference materials
- Coordinates CI across severe genetic disease and oncology franchises, working in close collaboration with different key functional stakeholders and experts
- Provides CI input and develops assessments to inform key severe genetic disease and oncology franchise strategic decisions
- Supports and drives various ad hoc high-profile strategic projects
- Drives financial (modeling) and scientific analysis of proposed transactions, plays an integral role in diligence teams
- Participates in search and evaluation activities, proactively identifies and evaluates new opportunities
- Provides broad support for potential strategic transactions
- Engages in and plays an integral role in a diverse array of corporate development projects
- Manages relationships with external parties
- Advanced degree in life science (PhD) from a top-tier program preferred
- Direct scientific experience within gene therapy, severe genetic diseases, cancer, immunology, or a related field, is a plus
- 2+ years of experience from working in pharma and/or biotech at a top-tier management consultancy or investment bank is required
- Direct experience working for a pharma and/or biotech company is a plus
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, talented individual with excellent learning agility, who is excited to tackle a diverse, multi-faceted set of projects
- Strong organizational, project and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, cooperation, and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.