Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative flock and fly at the cutting edge of science. Contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach and make a transformative impact in the lives of patients with severe genetic disease by establishing a core marketing operations capability that enables our commercialization teams to design and efficiently execute complex interdependent marketing programs.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Commercial Operations, this person will establish a capability to design, implement, and manage critical marketing processes and systems including promotion review committee, fulfillment services, promotional event management, and transparency reporting processes. This person will also manage an operations team that includes field force training and launch readiness capabilities and collaborate closely with cross functional colleagues to design and manage workplans that enable patients to access our therapies.
About the role: How you will make your impact
- Establish and manage Medical-Legal-Regulatory review process in partnership with marketing team and cross functional leaders
- Design and execute print & fulfillment programs as needed to execute communication plans
- Lead selection and management of partners as necessary to establish promotion platform capabilities that support cross-brand execution (i.e. physician education / speaker program vendors)
- Design and lead marketing cross-brand vendor management process to ensure compliance with service agreements and bluebird bio policies, enable workplan tracking, manage budgets, and measure vendor performance against commitments
- Oversee Field Force Effectiveness & Launch Excellence programs
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science required; MBA a plus
- 10+ years experience in biopharma marketing or marketing operations
- Team development and launch experience required
- Field operations experience preferred
- Experience managing Medical, Regulatory, Legal promotion review processes process required. Experience with VEEVA Vault a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex cross functional operational processes in a matrixed organization
- Strong organizational navigation and project management skills with demonstrated ability to independently prioritize work and drive projects to completion
- Intense curiosity, collaborative spirit, empathy, and penchant for problem solving
- Ability to champion change, drive innovative thinking, and challenge conventions in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- Embody the principles of bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.