6 Month Contract
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approaches. The focus of this position is to provide support for process and analytical development of the small molecules used in the cell therapy process at bluebird bio. We seek candidates with a biology or chemistry background and process and/or analytical development experience. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to contribute to a fundamental understanding of the relevant small molecules in relation to the manufacturing process. We seek candidates with a proven ability to successfully work independently and collaboratively across functions to achieve aggressive timelines, with the ultimate goal to deliver therapies that transform the lives of patients.
- Execute routine production and testing in support of Process Development and Research activities.
- Assist in the execution of analytical development experiments to improve platform analytics capabilities.
- Support the development of analytical assays for small molecules used in the manufacturing process.
- Assist in technical review of analytical development supporting documents including protocols, and reports.
- Analyze, compile and present research data to functional teams.
- Maintain accurate and reliable record keeping including database management, batch records, notebooks, and all other pertinent documentation.
- This is a hands-on lab based position and requires the candidate to have a flexible schedule based on experimental and company needs (including possible weekend work)
- BS with 5+ years or MS with 3+ years of directly related experience. Degree emphasis in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biology or related field preferred.
- This position requires conducting laboratory experiments, excellent documentation review and writing skills, and the flexibility to work on multiple projects as needed.
- GMP experience a plus
- Superb organizational and communications—both written and oral skills—and a “do-what-it-takes” attitude.
- Understanding of small molecules in cell culture applications and standard small molecule analytical techniques preferred.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting analytical assays
- Track record of completing deliverables within specified timelines.
- Ability to execute, document, and follow-through projects to completion.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, and good problem-solving ability.
- Experience with high-throughput analytical assays and statistical design of experience (DoE) preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP/ICH/FDA regulations preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.