bluebird bio is seeking an experienced and professional Executive Assistant to support several executives, including our SVP, Corporate Communications, SVP, Business Development, and VP, Finance.
The position is a very fast paced role that serves as a key member and resource for our teams, working in close partnership with the rest of our admin team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a team player, has excellent multi-tasking skills, and a great sense of humor.
Responsibilities and Required Knowledge:
- Manages complex and demanding calendars (including with our EU team), coordinating with rest of the admin team as well as external partners.
- Make travel arrangements, obtains appropriate travel documentation and process expense reports on a timely basis.
- Coordinate team functions or events, including room bookings, meals, etc.
- Prepares and processes vendor contracts and purchase requisitions.
- Prepares data for presentations as needed.
- Coordinates and attends meetings as requested; prepares materials, coordinates logistics and may take minutes.
- Ensures the confidentiality of all reports, correspondence, materials, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned seeks out opportunities to support assigned executives and rest of team as bandwidth allows.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8 -10 years of experience as an Administrative/Executive Assistant strongly preferred.
- Experience in biotech preferred.
- Strong knowledge of computer software including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), One Note, Sharepoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, take initiative, anticipate Executive needs and respond appropriately
- Strong Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and assume responsibility without direct supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues
- Embrace our core values: b colorful, b yourself, b cooperative
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.