Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. The focus of this position is to provide laboratory support to downstream process development of our Lentiviral Vector products. We are looking for a motivated associate scientist who is a quick learner and can operate in a fast-paced environment.
About the role:
- Support execution of technical studies for multiple purification unit operations
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of laboratory consumables and reagents
- Prepare cell culture media for upstream processing and buffers for downstream processing
- Responsible for autoclaving tubing, filters and connectors for laboratory experiments
- Prepare assembly lines for downstream operations such as chromatography, ultrafiltration, clarification
- Organize and execute routine maintenance and cleaning of laboratory equipment
- Organize and coordinate preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment with facilities
- Verify data integrity for data generated during experiments
- Organize and manage data files generated during experiments
- Adhere to laboratory and workplace safety practices
- This is a hands-on position and requires the candidate to have a flexible schedule based on experimental and company needs (including possible weekend work)
- An associate degree or BS degree in biology, chemical/biological engineering, or any related discipline with 0-2 years of post-graduate experience in a laboratory environment
- Prior experience with good documentation practices (GDP), biologics and purification unit operations is highly desirable
- Independently motivated, exquisite attention to detail in experiment documentation and record keeping
- Willingness to work in a collaborative team environment and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to handle confidential information and material appropriately
- Be ready to embrace the principles of bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.