Clinical-stage, fast-growing gene therapy company
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Bluebird's dynamic Genomics group combines expertise in computer science, statistics, molecular biology and human genetics.
The hire will partner with biologists to analyze the next-generation sequencing (NGS) data coming from both external databases and in-house sequencing instruments. The scientist will be a key member of projects teams working in gene editing, stem cell biology and oncology projects.
This position is a chance to leverage bioinformatics, statistics and data science to make an immediate impact on the efficacy and safety of future gene therapy products.
About the Role:
- Analyze amplicon sequencing experiments, optimize for throughput and sensitivity,
- Apply cutting edge transcriptomics approaches to gene expression datasets – total RNA, mRNA and single cell mRNA, gain biological insights through pathway and enrichment analyses,
- Automate NGS pipelines and build interfaces to them that can be used by both core bioinformatics team and wet lab biologists,
- Visualize the data to explain the findings to a large cross-functional team and/or the outside stakeholders,
- Learn about the needs of the biology teams and proactively suggest new ways the bioinformatics team can impact research and discovery projects.
- PhD with 0-3 years of experience,
- Knowledge of Python and R. Experience in Linux environment and version control tools. Understanding of most common NGS workflows (DNA, RNA, amplicon-seq) and data formats generated in these workflows,
- Understanding of molecular biology,
- Knowledge of core concepts data analysis and applied statistics – model testing, regression, classification and clustering methods.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.