Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. bluebird bio seeks an outstanding Associate Director of Value Demonstration within our Access, Value and Evidence Strategy (AVES) team. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the development of, and then implementing, the payer value demonstration strategy for bluebird bio. This will help ensure patients have timely access to bluebird bio’s gene therapy and evolving oncology portfolio.
About the role:
- Actively engage with key market access decision makers to understand the ongoing evidentiary requirements for potentially curative gene therapies given limited data available at marketing authorization.
- Lead the development of economic models and direct the collection of associated evidentiary support.
- Summarize key learnings from HTA assessments of relevant existing therapies to inform the development of bluebird bio strategies.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that drive brand strategy and represent the voice of value demonstration
- Characterize post marketing authorization evidentiary requirements to support the payer value proposition and market access strategy and then ensure that those requirements are reflected in bluebird bio real world evidence collection strategies.
- Interact with country-level, internal Market Access and Medical Affairs leads to ensure evidence needs are understood and considered in value demonstration strategy
- Identify and utilize creditable evidentiary sources to support the local market value proposition of bluebird bio’s products given variation in treatment patterns and cost.
- Evaluate existing patient reported outcomes (PRO) instruments from a Health Economics perspective and make recommendations to relevant business partners for inclusion study planning
- Support the evaluation and modeling of outcomes-based pricing and contracting initiatives and identify/create data sources to facilitate the adjudication of potential “innovative” contracting strategies.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in biotech/pharma or HEOR-related consultancy; launch experience strongly preferred
- Advanced degree (PhD, Masters or PharmD preferred)
- Strong methodological, quantitative, and analytical skills in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) space
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to operate independently
- Strong project management skills
- Ability function effectively and efficiently in cross-functional team environment
- Deep understanding of the drug development process and regulatory environment
- Experience with selection and inclusion of appropriate PRO instruments in to clinical trials
- Demonstrated understanding of the US and European Healthcare systems and payer policy
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in sometimes uncertain environments
- Domestic and international travel required, expected to be about 25%
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.