Join bluebird bio’s passionate and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach and make a transformative impact in the lives of patients with severe genetic disease. The Manager, IT Project Management Office will be responsible for working with IT and its business partners to define, prioritize and ensure the successful delivery of IT projects. The candidate will implement project management processes and best practices, as well provide support for project management tools used across the organization.
- Lead the development and adoption of project management processes and tools.
- Administer and provide support for project management tools such as Project Online, MS Project, and add-ins.
- Champion project management and business analysis best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness of our project delivery.
- Manage key projects related to business intelligence and application development.
- Work with IT and business functions to proactively identify risks and gaps and drive them to resolution.
- Collaborate in the development of portfolio level reports and program status updates.
- Provide training on project management tools and methodologies.
- Manage vendors and budget for supported applications.
- Responsible for working with the business and IT functions to define short and long-term plans for the business area needs.
- Develop business processes, and support selection and implementation of related solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information management, or related experience.
- A minimum of 8+ years overall experience is required; A minimum of 5+ years in project management is required
- MS Project experience required.
- PMP or Six Sigma Green Belt certification highly desirable.
- SharePoint power user experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in rapidly growing organizations is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, and negotiate conflict situations.
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders and colleagues.
- Experience in life sciences is a plus.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.