bluebird is seeking a VP/SVP, Corporate Communications to join our enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. This is an amazing opportunity to join our team as we work passionately to bring hope to the patients we serve. Reporting into the CFO, this role has a broad mandate with responsibility for leading the evolution of our corporate branding and communications platform to reflect bluebird’s identity as we transition to a fully integrated company, from research through commercial.
The S/VP of Corporate Communications will strategically and thoughtfully coordinate and integrate with key teams to translate our platform into specific communication strategies and tactical plans across our key internal and external stakeholders and ensure informed and aligned approaches across all messaging platforms.
In addition to the broad corporate messaging mandate, direct responsibilities include internal and external communications, public and media relations and crisis communications planning among others.
- Gain a deep understanding and inform bluebird’s strategy and plans. Develop and execute a corporate communications strategy that integrates and is informed by multiple perspectives across the organization, from research through commercial.
- Develop and implement proactive and integrated strategies across all communications platforms – internally and externally - in close coordination with Clinical, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Commercial, Research, Legal & Government Affairs, Investor Relations, Pharm Sci and HR.
- Identify risks and opportunities and develop plans to address them.
- Partner with leadership team and other external spokespersons to identify and prepare for opportunities to share our story.
- Thrive in a matrixed, partnered environment including the development of strong relationships.
What will make you successful in this role:
- Strong background in communications with minimum of 10 years in biotech/pharm industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to connect and build relationships across all levels and functions
- Strategic, creative, innovative thinker – willing to take risks and explore new ways and approaches to achieve our overall goals.
- Excellent leader with strong desire to learn and grow individually and mentor and develop others across our team.
- Working knowledge of FDA and EMA regulations, pricing and reimbursement in US and Europe, and public policy.
- Experience in rare disease and oncology is a plus.
- Be ready to embrace and model our core values: b colorful, b yourself, and b cooperative.
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.