Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene and cell therapy approach. As a new member of the team you will be responsible for developing methods to modify hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) for correcting genetic diseases.
About the role:
- Implement and coordinate ongoing research projects as well as design and direct novel strategies utilizing gene modified hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) for correcting genetic diseases.
- Extensively utilize technical expertise related to stem cell biology and gene therapy, including in vitro experiments, transplant models and preclinical studies.
- Evaluate diverse approaches to improve gene delivery into and/or gene editing in primary cells from research to preclinical development.
- Work in synergy and collaboratively with the different functions of the company.
- Participate in designing, writing and updating protocols or standard operating procedures.
- Training and overseeing the day-to-day activities of a Research Associate.
- PhD in cell biology or related field.
- Highly motivated with 3-5 years postgraduate experience in a relevant field.
- Established publication record, deep understanding of hematopoietic stem cell biology, transplantation models, and expression optimization in hematopoietic cells.
- Mastery of in vitro and in vivo HSC assays.
- Expertise in cell culture and flow cytometry is essential.
- Strong skills in molecular biology and biochemistry are desirable.
- Technical skills in gene transfer, regulation of gene expression and gene editing are desirable.
- Autonomy, reliability and ability to work as part of a team in fast-paced rapidly changing environment, collaborating proactively with members of other functional groups is critical.
- Demonstrated managerial and organizational skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Flow cytometry, Statistical analyses programs are desired.
- Experience working in a regulated environment is desirable.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.