Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative flock. Contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach and make a transformative impact in the lives of patients with severe genetic disease. Fly at the cutting edge of science and pioneer a novel way of engaging stakeholders that is built for purpose. Build and lead a commercial innovation nest that delivers our scientific promise to healthcare providers and patients.
Reporting to the Global Commercial Operations lead, this role will establish a capability and create a center of excellence for digital strategy and innovation at bluebird bio. This role will enable high-impact corporate, disease, and product communication via digital media in partnership with the global and regional marketing teams, and serve as the critical bridge between bluebird bio commercialization teams and our IT partners.
About the Role:
- Create a digital marketing center of excellence and establish a multi-channel innovation practice at bluebird bio
- Partner with IT leadership to evaluate and implement a digital ecosystem that supports business needs and enables stakeholder engagement
- Partner with global brand leadership to design and execute an insights-driven multi-channel strategy consistent with brand strategies and bluebird bio ideals
- Independently drive execution and pull-through of cross functional digital communication plans through internal and external partnerships
- Build and manage social media listening and insight generation capability
- Select key performance metrics. Create and monitor digital analytics platform
- Select and manage digital agency partners. Be the steward of bluebird bio digital communication standards and guidelines. Manage timelines, budgets, and resources as necessary to execute multi-channel communication plan
- Bachelors degree in a life science required; MBA preferred
- 10+ year experience in a pharmaceutical brand marketing role
- 5+ years in a digital marketing / multi-channel strategy role
- Patient marketing and rare disease experience preferred
- Team management and development experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Intense curiosity, collaborative spirit, empathy, and pension for problem solving
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to champion change and drive innovative thinking
- Ability to lead and challenge others in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- Embody the principles of bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.