Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative Preclinical Development team and contribute to the overall success of our novel immunotherapy approaches. Reporting to the Director, Pharmacology, the primary function of this role will be to direct in vivo studies employing novel cellular immunotherapy approaches for clinical applications.
About the role:
- Design and lead the execution of in vivo studies in support of our expanding immuno-oncology pipeline
- Perform cell culture, animal handling, injection by multiple routes (sc, ip, iv), tumor study set up, caliper measurement of tumors, blood collection by multiple routes (mandibular and cardiac), necropsy, and tumor data collection, analysis, data reporting and communication of experimental results
- Vivarium management including ordering and stocking supplies, daily health checks, documentation and IACUC guidelines
- Within a matrixed team environment manage and support the development of junior staff
- Develop mouse tumor models, including xenograft tumor models
- MS/PhD in biological science, ideally immunology, oncology, pharmacology and/or toxicology
- 2 to 5 years industry experience with expertise in in vivo study design and execution
- Excellent scientific background in immuno-oncology, pharmacology, and in vivo study executions and be comfortable working with our cross-functional immunotherapy research team.
- Ability to multitask, schedule and manage multiple studies in a fast-paced environment, and superior written and oral communication skills
- Experience supervising, training and developing junior staff
- Experience and enthusiasm for hands-on in vivo work
- Familiarity with IACUC and animal care guidelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.