Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. As a member of the Clinical Business Operations (CBO) team within the Clinical Development Operations (CDO) department, the person in this role will manage a 2-3 person team of Contract Managers and Associates who support the clinical study teams by executing requests for proposals (RFPs), negotiating and managing strategic level departmental and study-specific vendor and site contracts, and working collaboratively with their CBO colleagues to define vendor and site contract standards and processes. We are looking for a conscientious and innovative professional with the breadth of experience and drive to implement our vision for this function and who can work collaboratively with external partners.
About the Role:
- Manage and prioritize activities for a group of 2-3 contract managers and associates who support the clinical development teams (Phase I-III) in developing and finalizing all aspects of contractual agreements with vendors and clinical sites
- Lead and oversee the RFP and selection process for vendors
- Support development of vendor management infrastructure and oversight standards, in general and specific to submission readiness
- Collaborate in the develop of benchmark cost standards across bluebird’s portfolio of development programs
- Collaborate in the development of processes and procedures internally to standardize work flow and manage risk
- Bachelor’s degree is required in any of the following concentrations: science, finance, pre-law, business. Master’s degree in the same concentrations is preferred. A legal and business background is a plus.
- Line management experience (2-3 years) is preferred
- 8 to 10 years of applicable experience, with 5 + years of direct experience in contract negotiations
- Experience templating and negotiating clinical site budgets (including international study sites), in addition to acting as an escalation point for either internal or CRO negotiators
- Experience negotiating complex, long term vendor contracts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Direct experience in executing RFPs for CRO vendor selection
- Must be comfortable acting independently in a central service role to ensure a positive experience for our internal clients, while maintaining standards relative to costs, contract terms and risk management
- Small company experience is a plus – this is a role where you will wear many hats and work closely with the clinical teams to help ensure the success of our clinical trials
- Inspection readiness experience with a strong emphasis on quality standards desired
- Grantplan/Grants Manager experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- A ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude with a willingness to help and support as needed
- Able to manage deadlines and competing priorities across several programs with concurrent timelines
- Excellent leadership, networking, negotiation and communication skills and ability to influence
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.