Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute to the success of our immunotherapy program. We seek an experienced laboratory manager to manage all activities associated with our oncology research program. This is an exciting, valued, hands-on role within our research team.
About the role:
- Maintains laboratory equipment performance by establishing standards; developing operation and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintains cell repository and inventory database; ensures timely access to samples by training employees; recommending improvements; maintaining repository at a high standard.
- Maintains laboratory supplies ordering and inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Prepares essential reagents, including culture media, to maintain supplies and support research personnel.
- Works closely with immunotherapy research personnel and bluebird laboratory facilities team to ensure smooth functioning of the lab.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, 1-2 years of related experience in laboratory environment
- Strong technical knowledge and skill base. Experience with cell culture strongly preferred.
- Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work in a productive and collaborative cross-functional manner
- Superb communications—both written and oral skills and “do-what-it-takes” attitude
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.