Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Reporting to the LentiGlobin beta thalassemia global commercial lead, this role will be responsible for the creation and execution of global strategic HCP communications and HCP launch plans to ensure Lenti-G is ready for take-off (unbranded disease awareness, competitive tracking, HCP message development and evolution) to provide an autologous gene therapy option for patients with transfusion dependent beta thalassemia. Launch markets include EU, US and global beta thalassemia patients.
The role works closely with the Global Commercial team (Market Insights, Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Patient Advocacy), the European/US Commercial teams, Program Management and the Clinical and Regulatory team to develop and execute clear, concise and actionable strategic and tactical plans to optimize the launch and commercial success of bbb’s innovative LentiGlobin Gene Therapy in beta thalassemia. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of gene therapy, defining and executing innovative and patient centric solutions delivering potentially transformational care for patients with a serious rare disease.
About the Role:
- Contribute to strategic and tactical plan in collaboration with the LentiGlobin global marketing team and cross-functional commercial team to prepare for the successful launch of one of the world’s first gene therapies
- Lead HCP message platform evolution work to drive disease awareness and education efforts in beta thalassemia around unmet need
- Develop and evolve HCP messages, executions
- Collaborate with medical affairs on medical congress strategy
- Design and implement multi-channel communications and programs
- In preparation for approval and launch, collaborate with regional marketing leads to design and create HCP promotional materials to be adapted in local EU markets and the US
- Develop messaging and core promotional pieces aligned with strategic objectives, incorporating market insights
- Collaborate with the agency and regional marketing leads to determine appropriate executions for hematologist and stem cell transplanter stakeholders
- Partner with global patient marketing lead to ensure the HCP/ patient dialogue is aligned to enable sound education and informed decision making
- Evolve messaging and strategic approach as new indications are anticipated/added to the SmPC and US PI
- Manage agency partners to ensure excellent execution of marketing programs to ensure excellent execution aligned with strategic objectives
- Plan and execute global advisory boards and organize interactions with health care providers to obtain feedback on brand strategies and tactics
- Liaise with competitive intelligence agency to monitor key competitor data, events and implications. Keep the team current on emerging competitors and related data and implications for LentiGlobin strategies and plans
- Strengthen our understanding of the beta thalassemia market and customers in EU, US and other geographies (e.g. segmentation, decision making process for advanced therapy)
- Partner with regional marketing leads to prepare for launch (e.g. onboarding, ensure local insights are integrated into global strategies and core brand assets)
- Manage agency partners on market research efforts, creation of marketing materials, and channel strategy for optimal execution of communication materials
- Shepard disease awareness and marketing materials through the medical, regulatory, legal review process and integrate feedback accordingly to ensure compliant execution
- Work side-by-side with Medical Affairs to contribute to bbb’s approach to key medical meetings relevant to life cycle planning, including strategy support and tactics
- Manage (in partnership with Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs, and Patient Advocacy) and provide strategy support for external engagement efforts with key opinion leaders, the patient community, and other relevant stakeholders such as our centers of excellence
- Manage timelines, budgets, and resources: includes ensuring timelines, budget, and resources square up to commercial and corporate objectives
- Bachelors degree in a life science; MBA, or advanced degree, preferred
- 6-8 years experience in a strategic / global marketing role
- Must be able to see and communicate the big picture from lots of data and information and drive to actionable insights
- Experience in high science, competitive market required.
- Global product launch experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully drive a project to completion
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Enthusiasm for working closely with R&D team members in a high-science environment
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical, communication and project management skills to effectively translate ideas and insights into actionable plans
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.