Target ID and Evaluation
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative Cellular Immunotherapy team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene-based immunotherapy approach. This new Associate Scientist will join our target validation group to evaluate novel molecular targets for clinical applications.
About the job:
- Work in a cross-functional team focused on validating novel targets for T Cell immunotherapies
- Mammalian cell tissue culture
- mRNA extraction and qRT-PCR
- Protein detection assays including western blot, flow cytometry, and ELISA/Luminex
- Compile and present research data to the team
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to support documentation when necessary
- Effectively interface with other scientific groups in bluebird bio to facilitate the success of projects
- BS/MS cell biology, molecular biology, immunology or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience.
- Experience with qRT-PCR and protein detection assays (e.g. western blot, ELISA) are required
- Flow cytometry experience a plus
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is necessary. Experience with the culture of human T lymphocytes is a plus.
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines. Superb organizational skills.
- Effectively work independently and as part of a collaborative team comprised of multiple functional groups
- Bring curiosity and technical excellence to science that directly impacts patients
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- “Do-what-it-takes” attitude
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: be colorful, b cooperative, b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.