Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. This role reports into the Associate Manager, Procurement and will be tasked with supporting the Procurement Operations function within bluebird bio, working within the Oracle Cloud “Self-Service Procurement” system and serving as a key customer service resource across the business. The right candidate should be highly motivated and have strong communication and interpersonal skills with a shared commitment to helping people focus more time on science and less on purchasing, ordering and working with vendors.
About the role:
- Overseeing and supporting bluebird’s centralized Procurement Operations function
- Administrating, managing & training end users on procurement systems & processes
- Reviewing purchase requisitions and appropriately converting to purchase orders (POs)
- Effectively performing supplier negotiations on one-off purchases that are not covered by an existing contract and monitoring all related cost savings
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, resolving supplier quality and/or services issues as appropriate.
- Helping update and manage the procurement intranet page
- Establishing strong business relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Reviewing and negotiating purchasing terms and conditions and low risk vendor contracts
- Managing bluebird’s supplier database within Oracle Procurement
- Oversee special procurement projects as required
- BA or BS Degree
- 3 - 5 years of direct experience in a corporate procurement role
- Procurement systems experience, preferably in Oracle iProcurement or Self Service Procurement (Oracle Cloud)
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
- Excellent communications skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
- Experience working in or supporting pharmaceutical or biotech R&D preferred but not required
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.