Join bluebird bio’s Seattle-based genome editing team to help bring innovative cell therapy products into the clinic. In this role, you will contribute to the preclinical development of a wide range of cell therapies, including CAR T cells, CD34 hematopoietic stem cells and other advanced gene editing products. This position will utilize your strong scientific background, track record of exceptional experimental technique, and the ability to design and implement creative solutions to complex cell therapy and gene editing questions.
About the role:
- Vocal leader with a willingness and ability to question existing scientific approaches
- Design new approaches to improve efficacy of cellular therapeutics
- Work together with associate scientists, project leaders and other groups across bluebird bio to drive project success
- Exercise independent judgment in development of new methods, techniques and evaluation criteria
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, or a related discipline. Post-doctoral experience welcome but not required
- Able to think creatively and independently and adapt to a fast paced and always changing work environment
- Expertise using preclinical models of cancer, blood disorders or cellular immunotherapy
- Solid understanding of immunology and hematopoiesis, including familiarity with human stem cell and/or T cell development and function, immune receptor signaling and the biology of chimeric antigen receptors
- Familiarity with gene editing technique and applications, including CRISPR, TALEN, ZFNs or Homing Endonuclease, is a plus, but not required
- Strong technical background with standard laboratory methods, including: polychromatic flow cytometry; molecular biology and cloning; virus handling and production; PCR; ELISA; intracellular staining; western blotting
- Excellent communications skills and ability to manage projects with internal and external collaborators
- Very organized and diligent in experimental design, execution, and reporting
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.