Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. As a leader within the Medical Affairs organization, the candidate will function as the Head of European Medical Affairs. In conjunction with members of the Global Medical Affairs team, the Head of European Medical Affairs will be responsible for developing and implementing the Medical Affairs strategic and tactical plan for Europe.
As a senior leader within bluebird, the candidate will play an active role in supporting key regulatory, commercialization, safety, and reimbursement initiatives. The candidate will continue to build and lead the European Medical Affairs organization to provide healthcare providers, payers, and other stakeholders the information and tools required to safety and effectively bring bluebird bio’s products to appropriate patients.
About the role:
- Lead European Medical strategy and operations for all programs and assure high-quality achievement of corporate goals
- Manage the European Country Medical Lead, and provide support for the continued evolution of the European Field Medical team
- In collaboration with global counterparts, provide support for regional clinical development, commercial, market access, government affairs, and patient advocacy activities as needed
- Provide support for the development and management of regional post-marketing clinical trials, REMS, ISTs, and registries, including determination of merit, oversight of study design, execution, data analysis, and communication
- Provide Medical expertise to the European Commercial organization as needed to assist in the development and execution of compliant commercial activities
- Partner with the European Commercial organization in supporting effective payer/reimbursement relations and outcomes research
- Represent medical affairs at cross-functional European meetings pertaining to clinical development, regulatory, and commercialization
- Domestic and international travel of approximately 30-40%
- MD, PhD, or equivalent required, with a minimum 8-10 years in pharmaceutical industry with focus on Medical Affairs. Minimum 5 years of Medical Affairs management experience in a matrixed organization leading a post-approval medical team(s).
- The candidate will have demonstrated success in fostering effective relationships with KOLs, played a key role in developing effective medical communications, guiding product strategy and life cycle management, and managing and training others
- Experience with commercialization of innovative and/or orphan disease therapies; hematology experience desired
- Proactive, collaborative, efficient, clear, and open working style; strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with partners, investigators, contractors, consultants, and team members across functions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Readiness to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.