Associate Scientist I, Pharmacology
Join our expanding pharmacology group
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative Pharmacology team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene-based immunotherapy approach. This new Associate Scientist in Pharmacology will provide laboratory support for in vivo animal studies, including mouse tumor models and stem cell engraftment models, and assist with maintenance and functioning of in-house vivarium.
- The in vivo duties involve the establishment of xenogeneic mouse tumor models and murine stem cell engraftment models. Duties will include mouse handling, performance of routine injections (sc, ip, iv, id), monitoring of animal health, collection of blood samples, measurement of tumors, necropsy followed by collection of blood and tissues for in vitro assays and collection and recording of data.
- Assist with establishment of new animal models as needed, including running pilot studies for model development and trouble-shooting.
- Working with the group, will assist with maintenance of in-house vivarium, duties include daily health checks, maintaining logbooks and records of mouse receipt and inventory.
- Assist with routine cell culture and maintain tumor cell lines for establishment of mouse tumor models.
- BA/BS or MS with 1-3 years experience in the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with in vivo animal studies required, including animal handling, performing routine injections, necropsy, collection of blood and tissues
- Experience in maintaining laboratory notebook and following protocols, familiarity with programs such as Excel for data entry and analysis
- Comfortable with animal care and assistance with maintenance of vivarium
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills and “do-what-it-takes” attitude
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.