About the job:
- Apply bluebird’s gene therapy technology to mouse models of lysosomal storage diseases.
- Immunohistochemistry, anatomical, and neurobehavioral assays in mice.
- Design and optimize enzyme assay and molecular biology protocols to develop standardized laboratory methods.
- Flow cytometry, western blotting, in situ hybridization to measure endogenous and transgene expression.
- Applied experience in mammalian cell culture, preferably of hematopoietic stem cell
- Engage in scientific discussions with academic collaborators to critically evaluate, plan, and steer experiments
- Prepare technical reports needed to support exploratory project moving into development
- Exercise independent judgment in development of new methods, techniques and evaluation criteria
- PhD in biological sciences, biochemistry or neurobiology
- Ability to independently design, execute, interpret and communicate experimental results
- 2+ years prior lab experience required.
- Exquisite attention to detail in experiment documentation, record keeping, and quality control.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Independent and detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills, contributing with limited supervision to team goals.
- Participates in on-going quality control/assurance programs
- Eager to embrace the bluebird bio culture principles: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.