Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. The Contracts Manager will work across all functions and teams at bluebird as a trusted partner to proactively facilitate the efficient negotiation, execution and tracking of contracts with a focus on client service, professionalism, confidentiality, superior organizational and prioritization skills, and a high level of attention to detail.
About the position:
- Assist the Contracts Attorney with finalizing contracts common to the biotechnology industry.
- Use templates to prepare, draft and negotiate contracts for clinical, research and manufacturing teams, including Confidentiality Agreements, Materials Transfer Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, and other business agreements.
- Act as a liaison between internal business partners and legal department on contract-related inquiries and contracting processes involving external vendors.
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and external vendors on contract maintenance, renewals, and terminations.
- Master and seek to improve the internal contracting process, including administering an integrated Oracle contracts management system
- Prepare summaries of key contracts for ongoing tracking of financial, reporting, insurance and other obligations.
- Undertake special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience is essential
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from multiple departments at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced, high volume environment and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to balance working on multiple projects in parallel are required
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.