- Join bluebird bio’s passionate and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. bluebird bio seeks an outstanding Sr. Business Systems Analyst to support Manufacturing (Supply Chain, Technical Operations & Manufacturing Sciences). Reporting to IT G&A (ERP) Systems Team, the role is responsible for business requirements analysis, writing functional design documents, communicating requirements to technical team members, system testing, issue resolution, and training. This position will be pivotal in supporting technical assessments and implementations of critical and highly visible new technology solutions, and supporting them in the Enterprise both short and long-term. This will initially include but not be limited to: Inventory Management, Resource Planning, Logistics, Manufacturing Systems, Data Management & Analytics, and interfaces to 3rd party systems. We are interested in self-motivated candidates requiring little supervision, who embrace learning within challenging circumstances, and who will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
About the Role:
- Effectively partners with internal clients to analyze their business processes, identify process improvements and pain points, then build and document user and system requirements to facilitate change initiatives in our Supply Chain and Manufacturing processes.
- Act as a liaison between business process owners and internal, external technical team members
- Manage project initiatives and functional enhancements (changes) through the system development life cycle.
- Work with Business owners and technical teams when necessary to analyze, define and document data and information flows impacting manufacturing operations and data management.
- Manage product selection process through appropriate levels of due diligence (RFI or RFP).
- Oversee contracting and negotiations, and manage product vendor.
- Manage a project team through the project lifecycle, providing guidance and support as necessary through all phases. Track and manage project using PMO tools ensuring that projects are delivered in a timely fashion within budget.
- Post-implementation, work in concert with the user community to proactively manage and optimize solutions and processes through the system lifecycle.
- Support and enhance future ERP interfaces integrated with non-Oracle systems
- Knowledge/experience supporting Oracle ERP (EBS and or Cloud a must).
- Work in concert with the user community to actively manage and optimize solutions through their lifecycle
- Required - Strong communication skills and ability to build positive, professional, and productive business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Required - BA/BS degree or higher (preferred) in Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field
- Required - 5-7 years of overall experience supporting Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system initiatives, specifically Supply Chain Management modules including Inventory, MRP, Logistics, Manufacturing, Order Management modules in a validated (GMP) environment.
- Required - 3-5 years of overall experience in a program or process management position for a drug development / manufacturing process in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Required - Proven ability to balance the strategic needs of the program with tactical day-to-day activities.
- Required - Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, and negotiate conflict situations.
- Required - Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders and colleagues.
- Required - A passion for addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients.
- Required - Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
- Required – Strong Project Management skills
- Required – Demonstrate an understanding of GxP and other regulatory related system requirements
- Preferred - Experience with Oracle Workflow and Approvals Management Engine
- Preferred - OBI or OTBI experience
- Preferred - Experience with higher level object oriented programming languages such as Java and PL/SQL
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.