Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene and cell therapy approach. As a new member of the team you will participate in developing methods to improve gene delivery into and gene editing in primary cells from research to preclinical development.
About the role:
- Assist Scientist to evaluate diverse approaches to optimize gene editing and gene transfer into primary cells including in vitro experiments, transplant models and preclinical studies.
- Participate in designing, writing and updating protocols or standard operating procedures.
- Participate in ongoing research projects as well as implementing novel strategies utilizing gene modified hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) for correcting genetic diseases.
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry or related field.
- 2+ years prior lab experience required.
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo HSC assays is desirable.
- Experience using retroviral vectors with primary cells preferred.
- Autonomy, reliability and ability to work as part of a team in fast-paced rapidly changing environment, collaborating proactively with members of other functional groups is critical.
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements is important.
- Demonstrated organizational skill and excellent computer skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Flow cytometry, Statistical analyses programs are desired.
- Ability to maintain flexibility is preferred.
- Superb organizational and communications—both written and oral skills and “do-what-it-takes” attitude.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.