Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. This position reports to the SVP Europe and the SVP Commercial and will be responsible for the go to market launch plans for LentiGlobin in β Thalassemia Major and Lenti-D in cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy. The role works closely with Global Brand teams, Country GMs, Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Patient Affairs, to develop and execute clear, concise and actionable tactical plans to optimize the launch and commercial success of bbb’s innovative Gene Therapies. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of gene therapy, defining and executing innovative and patient centric solutions delivering potentially transformational care for patients with a serious rare disease.
About the Role:
- Lead the development of the Europe launch for LentiGlobin and Lenti-D including market development, patient identification, stakeholder education and stakeholder networks
- Work with Global Marketing to develop efficient research plan informing investment priorities and actionable plan for pre-launch and launch activities and milestones
- Ensure we are on strategy/message across all functional execution (partner especially closely with Market Access and Medical Affairs)
- Tailor disease and brand communication strategies to Europe
- Implement pan-European educational and promotional events
- Effectively and efficiently manage Europe Brand P&Ls, launch forecasts, risk management and long range financial plans
- Ensure alignment of brand strategy and execution across functions and geographies, share learnings and create and maintain a successful, global team orientation
- Work with, and represent bbb to, external partners, industry groups, physicians and patient stakeholders
- Continually source innovative answers to realize exceptional experience for physicians, patients and families with β Thalassemia and cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy
- Ensure we are continually bringing learnings from first market launches to the next market
- Bachelor Degree (MBA preferred)with 8+ years experience in biotech/pharma with a track record demonstrating accountability, sense of urgency and cross functional leadership. Global and/or Europe experience necessary.
- Knowledge, experience and proven track record of using deep customer insight to deliver innovative patient and physician centric business solutions and facilitate good program, brand and company level decisions
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical, communication and project management skills to effectively translate ideas and insights into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to create clear global commercial strategies in specialty or rare diseases and work across functions to facilitate seamless execution
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.