Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Reporting to the Global Commercial Models lead, this role will support the anticipated commercial launches by ensuring that hospital centers, which serve as critical partners in manufacturing and patient care, are ready to provide an autologous gene therapy option to patients with serious genetic disease. This leadership role will work closely with global cross functional partners, regional operations, and external healthcare providers to design and implement the optimal care delivery model that enables seamless delivery of gene therapies.
This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of gene therapy and make a transformative impact on the lives of patients with serious genetic disease by defining, designing, and implementing innovative solutions to meet the needs of patients and providers.
About the role:
- Lead development and implementation of a comprehensive Center of Excellence (CoE) onboarding, development, and management plan in coordination with Patient Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, and Commercial Operations partners
- Lead development and implementation of a CoE-related patient service model to ensure the patient experience is optimized
- Design, development, and implement a CoE Commercial operations training curriculum to ensure compliance with bluebird quality systems and a good experience for providers
- Provide commercial input into IT solutions designed to support CoE Commercial operations
- Create and implement CoE performance metrics and tracking systems
- Manage agency partners, as necessary, to create a knowledge base of communication and training materials in harmony with global brand strategies
- Liaise with regional marketing and patient operations team to ensure local insights are integrated into global CoE partnership strategy and tactics
- Lead creation of performance metrics and support implementation of analytics tools to monitor and measure CoE and referral network performance
- Manage timelines, budgets, and resources: includes ensuring timelines, budget, and resources link to commercial and corporate objectives
- Bachelors degree in a life science; Nursing degree (or equivalent) preferred
- 5+ year experience in a marketing or commercial operations role
- Bone Marrow Transplant / cell therapy experience preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Have intense curiosity, collaborative spirit, empathy, and pension for complex problem solving,
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- Demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.