Senior Medical Manager (MSL) / Associate Medical Director, Germany
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Within medical affairs, you will function as a medical & scientific connection between bluebird bio and key external stakeholders. Through the development of strong relationships and facilitation of evidence generation, you will support the advancement and commercialization of our gene therapy treatments in haemoglobinopathies and adrenoleukodystrophy.
About the Role:
- Serve as a field-based extension of medical affairs with coverage responsibilities across Germany
- Build relationships with key external stakeholders by providing disease state education and communicating the clinical value of the bluebird bio therapeutic platforms; provide high-quality scientific expertise as a trusted partner
- Contribute to company success through the gathering of medical insights to inform company strategy and research/data generation initiatives
- Represent bluebird bio and its therapeutic platform at global and regional scientific congresses and meetings
- Identify qualified collaborators to participate in company-sponsored activities (e.g. speaker, investigator, consultant)
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues in the field across medical affairs, market access, clinical operations, commercial, etc. to establish ongoing collaborative internal relationships and develop country-specific strategic & tactical plans
- Be at the forefront of bluebird bio´s expansion in Europe and contribute to building the local organization
- Doctorate degree (MD preferred, PhD, PharmD) with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience required
- Experience with rare disease and/or hematology strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-driven personality
- Passionate about making a meaningful difference for patients and caregivers
- Proven basic science and/or clinical background to enable engagement of internal and external stakeholders in a scientifically meaningful exchange
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Prior experience with launch planning
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to change; strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with partners, investigators, contractors, consultants, and team members across functions
- Ability to work independently, yet engage in collaborative decision making, to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a rapid-paced environment
- Ability to communicate well with health care professionals and establish strong relationships with peer groups, professional organizations, and other outside parties
- Readiness to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.