Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Be a critical part of a team tasked with helping to shape the market access landscape for gene therapy. Conceive of and execute innovative Pricing Market Access and Health Economics initiatives to support bluebird bio’s gene therapy and evolving oncology portfolio. Contribute to the creation of market access strategies worthy of bluebird bio’s innovative therapies and the patients they are meant to serve.
About the role:
- Lead bluebird’s in-market preparation for successful price and access negotiations
- Identify and engage stakeholders to understand the requirements for gene therapy reimbursement submissions in select European markets at the national, regional, and local levels
- Partner with stakeholders to establish appropriate assessment processes where none currently exist
- Thoroughly explore existing local reimbursement and funding mechanisms and communicate clear insights to leadership
- Assist in the assessment of payment model options
- Partner with Medical and Patient Affairs to identify local physician and patient groups
- Identify local data sources to augment/fill gaps in economic models
- Act as a core member of a working team tasked with the evaluation of commercial models for Europe
- With the assistance of country counsel, develop and maintain relationships with appropriate / relevant national health agencies and, where required, parliamentary functions with oversight responsibilities.
- Serve as an integrated strategic resource for GGA&P, to develop and deliver comprehensive government affairs programs based on needs and objectives.
- Work with country counsel to drive tactical execution to policy directives set by GGA&P and develop strategy to support product objectives as well as overall corporate/business objectives.
- Drive tactics and execution to meet policy and strategic objectives that result in consistent corporate policy. Direct implementation.
- Serve as the lead for communicating impacts to appropriate departments (GGA&P / AVES) on policy strategy and, through consultation with country counsel, offer regional modifications to the campaigns implementation.
- In coordination with GGA&P, set policy priorities, stakeholder targets (e.g., National Health Service and like-branches; Parliament) and metrics for country AVES lead evaluation.
- Offer recommendations for in country public affairs budget for GGA&P set-aside.
- Advanced degree with 8+ years of experience in biotech/pharma with a demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
- Experience as in-country market access lead, preferably for the UK, Germany, Italy, and/or France
- Prior experience leading a reimbursement submission as well as pricing, reimbursement, and access negotiations
- Robust network including access decision makers in key countries
- Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills to effectively translate ideas and insights into actionable plans
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.