The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A – Clinical will report to the Associate Director of FP&A and will serve as the Finance Business Partner to the Clinical Development Operations (CDO) team. The CDO team is responsible for executing all of bluebird’s Clinical Trials. Primary responsibilities will include: managing the Clinical annual budget, forecasting, and the long-range plan. In addition to supporting CDO, you will also provide FP&A support to the overall business through monthly reporting and assist the Pharmaceutical Science organization when necessary. The individual filling this role will bring the right mix of business partnership and financial acumen.
About the Role:
- Primary Finance business partner to CDO, leading finance initiatives throughout CDO
- Lead the annual budget, forecasting, and long range plan for CDO
- Build Clinical Financial Forecasting & expense recognition models
- Manage monthly variance reporting for CDO and support total company reporting
- Enhance monthly functional reporting packages for both CDO and total company
- Provide commentary and analytics to identify trends and model enhancements
- Ad-hoc support of the Pharmaceutical Sciences manufacturing organization
- Develop metrics, and repeatable measures to identify trends and variance to expected results
- Daily user of Oracle Planning Budgeting Cloud Services (PBCS)
- Write and Develop Oracle Hyperion Financial Reports (HFR)
- Demonstrated leadership of the planning and reporting process
- Degree in accounting or finance, MBA/CPA a plus, with 5-7 years of experience required
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office Suite (heavy Excel use)
- Knowledge of Oracle Planning Budgeting Cloud Services (PBCS)
- Knowledge of Oracle Hyperion Financial Reports (HFR)
- Biotech / Pharma experience is preferred
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.