Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Be a critical part of a team tasked with helping to shape the market access landscape for gene therapy. Conceive of and execute innovative Pricing Market Access and Health Economics initiatives to support bluebird bio’s gene therapy and evolving oncology portfolio. Contribute to the creation of market access strategies worthy of bluebird bio’s innovative therapies and the patients they are meant to serve.
About the role:
- Work closely with the Global Access Value & Evidence Strategy (AVES) team to conceive of and execute local pricing and reimbursement strategies to ensure patients have access to bluebird bio therapies.
- Assess gaps in existing options and establish the ideal route by which bluebird bio products (and other company’s) gene therapies will be reviewed in assessed.
- Partner with the in-market “Country Medical Lead” to build and drive local commercialization strategies.
- Identify and participate in industry forms that discuss and shape the local market access environment for potentially curative therapies and rare disease.
- Identify and gain access to local evidentiary sources to support/enhance the local go-to-market access strategy.
- Seek opportunities to share in-market learnings with the AVES global team and counterparts in other markets.
- Assist in the assessment of payment model options that are ideal given local in-market systems, norms, preferences, etc.
- Advanced degree with 7+ years of experience in biotech/pharma with a demonstrated ability to work cross functionally.
- Experience as in-country market access lead preferably for the UK, Germany, Italy, and/or France and preferably in orphan disease.
- Robust network including access decision makers in key countries.
- Strong analytical, communication and project management skills to effectively translate ideas and insights into actionable plan
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.