Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Working within medical affairs, you will function as a medical/scientific connection between bluebird bio and key external stakeholders, to further scientific exchange. Through the development of strong relationships and facilitation of evidence generation, you will support the advancement and commercialisation of our gene therapy treatments in haemoglobinopathies and adrenoleukodystrophy.
About the Role:
- Build relationships with key external stakeholders by providing disease state education and communicating the clinical value of bluebird bio’s therapies
- Contribute to company success through the gathering of medical insights to inform company strategy and research/data generation initiatives
- Be seen as a trusted partner that provides high-quality scientific expertise to support appropriate use of bluebird bio’s treatments
- Represent bluebird bio and its therapeutic platform at relevant global and regional scientific congresses and meetings
- Identify qualified collaborators to participate in company-sponsored activities (e.g. speaker, investigator, consultant)
- Work cross-functionally to establish ongoing collaborative internal relationships and develop country specific strategic and tactical plans
- Support evidence generation activities and preparation of health technology submissions in collaboration with market access function
- Work with marketing colleagues to support development/localisation of ABPI compliant promotional materials and activities
- Doctorate or pharmacist degree (GMC registered physician, PhD or GPhC registered MPharm) with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience required; experience in rare disease preferred but not essential
- Ability to assimilate and effectively communicate complex scientific and medical information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Sound working knowledge of the ABPI code of practice
- Demonstrated success of relevant health technology appraisals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Resilient and able to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with partners, investigators, contractors, consultants, and team members across functions
- Ability to work independently yet engage in collaborative decision making to complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Ability to communicate effectively with healthcare professionals to establish strong relationships with physicians, peer groups, professional organisations, and other outside parties
- Availability for overnight travel
- Readiness to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colourful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.