Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Within Medical Affairs, you will function as the (Associate) Medical Director for bluebird bio’s hemoglobinopathies program. This Medical Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the Medical Affairs strategic and tactical plan for the LentiGlobin gene therapy product platform.
About the role:
- Provide disease state and product specific expertise for the review of internally and externally-facing materials and publications
- Deliver disease-state and product-specific presentations both internally and externally
- Lead lifecycle management initiatives including real world evidence plans, post-hoc analyses, and phase IV research activities; Chair review board for investigator initiative research proposals and scientific research agreements
- Gather medical insights through targeted scientific encounters and medical affairs advisory boards
- Assess field medical nominations of potential collaborators to participate in company-sponsored activities (e.g. speaker, investigator, consultant);
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues across sales, marketing, market access, government affairs, and patient advocacy to establish ongoing collaborative internal relationships and develop global strategic & tactical plans
- Represent medical affairs at cross-functional meetings pertaining to clinical development, regulatory, and commercialization
- Support cross-functional colleagues, including government affairs and market access, for various stakeholder engagement activities
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, MD, DO, PhD) with at least 3 years of relevant experience required; clinical experience in hematology strongly preferred; industry experience a big plus
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems;
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to change;
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with partners, investigators, contractors, consultants, and team members across functions;
- Ability to work independently, yet engage in collaborative decision making, to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a rapid-paced environment;
- Availability for overnight travel;
- Readiness to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.