Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative Quality Assurance Validation (QAV) team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy. The focus of this position will support the organization through the establishment of bluebird bio validation/qualification programs across disciplines and ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and industry standards in accordance with the relevant product’s lifecycle. In this position you will be responsible for guidance and technical review of protocols and reports related to test methods, facilities, equipment, computer systems, technology transfers, cleaning, process validation, cold chain storage and shipping validation activities. These activities will encompass technology transfer and commercial projects. The successful individual will own, lead or support multidisciplinary, multi-site, moderate to complex projects.
About the role:
- Provide support and guidance for the development, execution, data analysis and reporting of external clinical and commercial protocols as necessary.
- Provide support and guidance in the development and execution of internal validation / qualification documentation.
- Development of Validation Plans and Validation Plan Summary Reports.
- Ability to drive the implementation of new policies and procedures to support bbb quality systems.
- Ability to exercise judgment within and outside of defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to multitask, manage timelines and prioritize independently in a high paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of FDA and foreign requirements and expectations.
- Works closely with all site functional teams (Manufacturing, Facilities, QC, etc) responsible for protocol development and execution to provide QAV support.
- Provide support of bluebird bio internal QC lab along with assay/method development.
- QA Approval of change controls and validation documents e.g. Impact Assessment, Risk Assessment, Protocol, Report, and User Requirements.
- Represent the Quality Assurance Validation group in project teams, audits and inspections as required.
- Support the development of solutions to problems of varying complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- Support the development of long-range goals and objectives.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Bachelors’ and/or Masters’ degree in Engineering, Biochemistry or related field required. Technical understanding of biopharmaceutical production is required.
- Wide range of expertise or working knowledge across validation disciplines outlined above is required.
- Must havea minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the industry, ideally all clinical phases through commercial drug product.
- Knowledge of cGMP guidelines, ICH Q7, Q8, Q9, Q10 and other international regulatory requirements relevant for process, cleaning and equipment validation is required.
- Expertise in support of Tech Transfer initiatives is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Data Integrity requirements.
- Leadership skills to lead cross functional teams to ensure project success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate, influence and negotiate across the organization.
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project.
- Ability to travel approximately 5-10% based on project demand.
- Experience within a multi-product facility is a plus
- Experience using risk based approaches (FMEA, PHA, etc).
- Project management experience.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Experience supporting internal regulatory and partner inspections.
- Demonstrates initiative; ability to undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situation as they arise with little or no supervision.
- Ability to make independent sound decisions and independently manage priorities in alignment with department and site drivers.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.