Facilities Lab Assistant
About the Role:
- Minimum 1 to 3 years lab support experience preferred
- Must have availability and a flexible schedule to work overtime and respond during off hours for the Facilities alarm schedule and other non-frequent occurrences
- Aid with vendor management when they are onsite
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize as workload requires
- Be able to assist in loading dock functions (receive and deliver items, reconcile paperwork, use of a manual pallet jack/electric pallet jack)
- Aid in removal of laboratory waste streams (bio-waste, non-regulated and regulated medical waste) as needed
- Assist in stock room management with supplies as needed
- Assist in new hire onboarding and assorted HR related functions (lab tours, providing facilities-based trainings,)
- Must have at least basic computer knowledge including experience using Microsoft Office applications (IE: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the shift
- Must have consistent professionalism, high energy, and confidence to execute unique tasks
- Desire to learn and take direction from knowledgeable and experienced teammates
- Follow up with customers, be confident to provide and receive feedback, and see problems through to resolution
- The ability to create individual task lists and execute each and every day
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, critical thinking and sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Possessing DOT, RCRA, and IATA training is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Familiarity with using power tools and other assorted tools
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself with the Facilities team and the company as a whole
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.