Associate Director, Market Access, Germany
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. In the German team you will lead the preparation of our value dossiers and will play a key role in the preparation of our pricing negotiations and external stakeholder meetings.
Location: remote, home based in 2018
About the role:
- Project lead to develop bbb’s AMNOG dossiers in a cross-functional team for our GT pipeline products
- Key member of price negotiation team
- Analyses of ongoing HTA (Health Technology Assessment) development in Germany with special focus on early benefit assessments according to German regulation, derivation of consequences, develop input into bbb’s strategy
- Monitor relevant analogues
- Develop and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders like e.g. scientific institutes, HTA specialists, sick funds, KOLs and study groups. Active participation in discussions of drug HTA assessments and discussions to support value demonstration of the bbb platform
- Responsible for preparation and coordination of G-BA consultations
- Develop recommendation on basis of G-BA consultation
- Develop recommendation for further early benefit assessments of bbb’s pipeline products and coordinate communication with regional and global teams
- Prepare early consultation with G-BA and coordinate with regional and global teams, ensure findings and recommendations are communicated cross functional and across EU and Global
- Cooperate with relevant stakeholders to develop recommendations and participate active in cross functional groups to generate RWE or initiate registries to support value demonstration of the bbb’ products
- Cooperate to prepare professional HTA communication, publication and statements
- Prepare communication for non-HTA stakeholder and cooperate with Medical to prepare communication for non-medical HTA stakeholder
- Stakeholder engagement: engage in interactions with sick funds, hospitals
- Close cooperation with German, EU and Global cross-functional teams as well as with vendors
- Minimum 4 - 6 years’ experience in cross-functional market access projects with leadership of at least one AMNOG dossier project team.
- Deep knowledge of international HTA development required. Coordination of alignment processes in pharmaceutical industry.
- Advanced Academic degree (Master) in health economy, natural science, medical, epidemiology or related scientific divisions required. Further education or specialization in the above areas preferred.
- Experience in development and conduction of HTA studies. Detailed knowledge in HTA methodology and statistical analyzes used in German healthcare system.
- Excellent knowledge of the German healthcare system, IQWiG methodology, G-BA rules & procedures and very good knowledge in HTA and methods of EbM required.
- Scientific knowledge about orphan diseases, gene therapy and/or hematology preferred
- Track record of project leadership in cross functional and matrix teams required
- Good communication and analytical skills
- German and English fluent
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to operate independently
- Ability function effectively and efficiently in cross-functional team environment
- Deep understanding of the drug development process and regulatory environment
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in sometimes uncertain environments
- Domestic and international travel required, expected to be about 25%
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.