Drug Product Analytical Development
Senior Associate Scientist II
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approaches. The focus of this position is to leverage your analytical development experience to support cell and gene therapy products. We seek candidates with a biology or chemistry background with significant analytical development experience. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to contribute to a fundamental assessment of the cell product from an analytical chemistry perspective. We seek candidates with a proven ability to successfully work independently and collaboratively across functions to achieve aggressive timelines, with the ultimate goal to deliver therapies that transform the lives of patients.
- Analytical development and ownership utilizing multiple HPLC/UPLC systems.
- Drive projects independently and/or collaboratively with teams consisting of analytical chemistry, molecular, cellular, or viral-vector based backgrounds.
- Assay qualification protocol writing and technical transfer to external labs.
- Imagine and develop critical analytical assays utilizing a broad range of techniques.
- Mentor and guide associate scientists in the design and execution of their work and careers.
- Assist in the execution of analytical development experiments to improve platform analytics capabilities.
- Assist in technical review of analytical development supporting documents including protocols, and reports.
- This is a hands-on lab based position and requires the candidate to have a flexible schedule based on experimental and company needs (including possible weekend work)
- BS with 7-10+ years or MS with 5-7+ years of directly related experience. Degree emphasis in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biology or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP/ICH/FDA regulations strongly preferred.
- Experience with statistical design of experience (DoE) preferred.
- This position requires conducting laboratory experiments, excellent documentation review and writing skills, and the flexibility to work on multiple projects as needed.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting analytical assays
- Ability to execute, document, and follow-through projects to completion.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, and good problem-solving ability.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.