bluebird bio’s corporate development team is looking for a highly talented and motivated candidate for the role as Associate Director/Director of Corporate Strategy. Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategy and Operations, you will be responsible for driving key strategic initiatives across the company and playing a leading role in the scientific and financial diligence underpinning proposed transactions. In this role you will utilize a combination of stellar scientific credentials and a deep scientific understanding, with sharp financial analytics and modeling skills, and experience managing cross-functions stakeholders and projects. This is a great opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to get into the “engine room” of the corporate development team, to work across functions and verticals on high-profile projects where you will learn and develop a diverse skill set and enjoy a variety of experiences and relationships.
About the Role:
- Drives and leads high-profile strategic initiatives and projects across the company
- Participates in search and evaluation activities, proactively identifies and evaluates new opportunities
- Drives financial (modeling) and scientific analysis of proposed transactions, plays an integral role in diligence teams
- Supports business development activities “end-to-end”, incl. deal sourcing, evaluation, relationship management and negotiation activities
- Provides broad support for potential strategic transactions
- Leads development of key analytics to inform bluebird’s corporate strategy
- Manages relationships with external parties
- 2+ years of experience from working with pharma/biotech at a top-tier management consultancy or investment bank is required
- Advanced life science degree (PhD) from a top-tier program preferred
- Highly motivated, talented individual with excellent learning agility, who is excited to tackle a diverse, multi-faceted set of projects
- Direct scientific experience within gene therapy, severe genetic diseases, cancer, immunology, or a related field, is a plus
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent ability to frame an issue incorporating diverse considerations and perspectives
- Strong organizational, project and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.