Are you looking for something more than just a job? Well, good news – we’re looking for someone who is more than just an employee! At bluebird bio, we push ourselves every day to deliver Un-Incremental results, join us at the heart of it all as a member of the Program and Portfolio Management (PPM) team. The PPM team harnesses bluebird’s unique Individual Collectivism to drive programs forward through collaborative leadership, providing clarity, direction and a shared sense of purpose to achieve amazing results for patients. There are no boring days at bluebird, so our ideal team member is one who is excited by the opportunity to be a leader on cross-functional teams solving complex science and business challenges, and who thrives in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
About the role:
- In collaboration with the Global Brand Lead, lead the Commercialization Team to define strategy, establish Key Performance Indicators, and achieve milestones.
- Act as a bridge between the Commercialization Team and the Program Team and between the Commercialization Team and the region / country teams. Ensuring a high level of integration and communication at all times.
- Foster a team culture of ownership and accountability including continuous evaluation, recognition, and process improvement.
- Facilitate Commercialization Team meetings using meeting management best practices to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision making, and successful execution of program objectives.
- Provide support to commercialization sub-teams to identify, prioritize and contribute to the execution of deliverables.
- Develop and maintain integrated, cross-functional commercial launch plan to identify and communicate interdependencies and critical path activities.
- Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities and risks; develop and monitor action and mitigation plans.
- Partner with Finance and functional leads to manage the commercial budget and ensure financial and resource implications of decisions, risks, and opportunities are fully understood to better inform prioritization and decision making.
- Collaborate with Portfolio Management in development of portfolio level reports, presentations and analyses.
- BS/BA; MBA preferred
- 6+ years overall experience in drug development with at least 3 years program management experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Program Management experience in commercial stage and/or late clinical stage highly preferred.
- Outstanding communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage scientifically and operationally complex programs
- Proven ability to balance the strategic needs of the program with tactical day-to-day activities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, and negotiate conflict situations
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- A passion for addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself