Are you looking for something more than just a job? Well, good news – we’re looking for someone who is more than just an employee! At bluebird bio, we push ourselves every day to deliver Un-Incremental results, join us at the heart of it all as a member of the Program and Portfolio Management (PPM) team. The PPM team harnesses bluebird’s unique Individual Collectivism to drive programs forward through collaborative leadership, providing clarity, direction and a shared sense of purpose to achieve amazing results for patients. There are no boring days at bluebird, so our ideal team member is one who is excited by the opportunity to be a leader on cross-functional teams solving complex science and business challenges, and who thrives in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
About the role
- Lead the development and implementation of right-sized, yet scalable, status tracking and communication tools and processes. Develop and maintain a PPM Best Practices Tool Kit.
- Establish and maintain a PPM new hire onboarding program
- Partner with Program Managers and Leaders to support high-quality decision making and achievement of program goals
- Drive recognition of cross-program and cross-functional interdependencies, identify and implement areas of improved integration and communication
- Work with functions to proactively identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks; support Program Managers and teams in developing mitigation and contingency plans
- Collaborate with portfolio management in the development of portfolio level reports, program status updates and analyses to support business and portfolio review meetings
- Lead working groups to tackle specific program challenges and issues as needed
- Proactively seek out opportunities for improvement for you and your teams
- Education: BS/BA; MBA a plus
- Experience: 3+ years overall; 1+ years in biopharmaceuticals or related field
- Tools: MS Project preferred; OnePager, SharePoint and/or Power BI a plus
- Behaviors & Skills:
- Passionate about addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients
- Outstanding communication, data management and analytical skills are essential
- Ability to quickly extract key insights from an excess of data and details
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders.
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and independently forge new paths
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative and b yourself