Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative Vector Biology team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. This new Research Associate will join our group to develop and evaluate novel gene therapies for oncology and severe genetic disease.
- Independently perform routine protocols for qPCR and RNA-seq
- RNA sample preparation, including (but not limited to): RNA isolation, library preparation for NGS and qPCR, quantification and QC.
- Prepare and sequence cDNA libraries using Illumina sequencing instruments (NextSeq)
- Analyze and communicate findings to cross-functional group members through presentations, face-to-face meetings and email.
- BS/MS in molecular biology or related discipline with 1-3+ years' experience in a relevant field
- Some experience in RNA Biology is preferred
- Must be technically competent in qPCR protocols, including those using TaqMan chemistries.
- Experience with NGS library prep is desirable, but not required.
- Familiarity with lab automation (QIAcube and QIAcubeHT)
- Experience writing protocols and maintaining a detailed laboratory notebook
- Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize and balance work from multiple sources
- Should be self-motivated, detail oriented, flexible, and have a “do-what-it-takes” attitude with excellent organizational and communication skills.