It is an exciting time to join the bluebird immunotherapy team! We have a number of Associate and Senior Associate Scientist positions open throughout our CAR-T and TCR teams, and we will evaluate and level on the merit of your experience. Here is your opportunity to learn, grow, impact patients with solid or liquid tumors and add to this high performing immuno-oncology team.
We are looking for motivated, inquisitive, and passionate team members. bluebird has been consistently voted one of Boston Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” and we’ve been doing innovative science for 8 years and counting. Here you can expect to join a team that recognizes the value of working hard, but also not taking themselves too seriously.
About the role:
- Use lentiviral vectors to genetically modify freshly isolated T lymphocytes
- Expansion and maintenance of gene modified T cell cultures
- Characterize genetically modified primary T lymphocytes using standard immunological assays including flow cytometry
- Compile and present research data to functional teams
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to support documentation when necessary
- Contribute to experimental design and project direction
- Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
- BS/MS cell biology, immunology or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience in immunology. Cancer immunology a plus. Position commensurate with experience.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is necessary. Experience with the culture of human T lymphocytes is a plus.
- Experience with standard immunological assays is a plus
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Graphpad Prism is a plus.
- Experience acquiring and analyzing flow cytometry data
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines. Superb organizational skills.
- Bring curiosity and technical excellence to science that directly impacts patients
- Effectively work independently and as part of a collaborative team comprised of multiple functional groups
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- “Do-what-it-takes” attitude
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: be colorful, b cooperative, b you